header photo

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Testing, Temps, Fans

I finally got myself over to microcenter to get a 3 pin fan extender and a new fan so the front fan that came with the case now works and I added an intake fan that blows fresh air across the ram chips.


Pretty blue LED fan in the front! Blows cool air across the hard drive and to the graphics card.


Cooler Master fan blowing fresh air across the ram.


After installing the fans, I used Prime95 64bit to stress the CPU to see if its stable. I did not do any overclocking yet. I also recorded the temperatures of the CPU at idle and max load after 1 hour of Prime95. I used Realtemp 3.40 to monitor the temperatures and ran the programs benchmark.

idle temp: ~20C
100% CPU Load (2792.6MHz): 62C
Realtemp: 3.40 XS Bench Score: 1261

Its interesting how the Core i5 750 is marketed to run at 2.67GHz at a 20x multiplier but due to the chip's turbo function, it runs at 2.79GHz at a 21x multiplier.


Idle Temps.


100% CPU Load temps.


Realtemp 3.40 XS Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment