header photo

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Parts

My goal for this build (my first) was to make a decent computer to run CAD (Solid Works), video & picture editing, and play the most recent game releases on a 23" HP w2338h computer monitor.

The List:
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 750 ($150 @ microcenter)
  • MB: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 ($135 @ newegg)
    • USB 3.0
    • SATA 3
  • GPU: MSI ATI Radeon HD 5770 seaweed edition ($165 @ newegg)
  • RAM: Crucial 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333 ($84 @ newegg)
  • HD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ($100 @ newegg)
  • OD: SONY Optiarc Black 24x DVD+R...($32 @ newegg)
  • PSU: Corsair CMPSU-650HX ($130 @ newegg)
    • 650W
    • Modular
  • Case: Cooler Master Centurion 590 ($70 @ microcenter)



Ahhhhh what beautiful Christmas gifts!


Cheap case with lots of fan holes. Awesome!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uhh, not to be that much of a burden or whatnot, but I'm having trouble. See, my birthday is coming up soon and as a gift to myself I plan on building a computer so that I don't need to carry my laptop everywhere (also, I hate it, but it gets the job done...)

My budget is around $500-600 dollars and I'm looking to make a gaming rig. In my experience, I tend to find that gaming rigs tend to be able to do just about everything, hence why I want to build one. Think you can help me out here? That'd be appreciated...

onlyjus said...

Sorry I haven't checked my comments in a while. I can try to help. The biggest thing I would do is to read lots of articles on www.tomshardware.com.

Gaming rigs are not necessarily good for everything... For games you want high clock rate CPU and an awesome graphics card or two...

Post a Comment