header photo

Monday, January 11, 2010

Graphics, hard drive, DVD drive, and Mobo

Now its time to install everything into the case and wire it together! First I installed the SONY Optiarc Black 24x DVD+R drive and the Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB hard drive into the case using the case supplied instructions. This case makes installing the DVD drive very easy with the use of the quick installation pins, although I did use screws as well because the pins did not hold the drive securely. Installing the hard drive was a pain due to the need to remove the hard drive assembly from the case to be able to access the screws to install the hard drive. Next I installed the motherboard into the case using the supplied standoffs. Make sure to be carefull not to damage the motherboard while installing and use static protection! Next I installed the MSI ATI Radeon HD 5770 which was pretty easy with the quick card locks on the case, although they seem cheap. Hopefully they will support the card well enough. Finally I wired everything together; 2 power cables to the motherboard, power cable to graphics card, SATA power cables to the hard drive and DVD drive, SATA cables between the mother board and the hard drive and DVD drive, and finally the case's supplied power button, USB cables, and audio cables. Oh I almost forgot about the two case supplied fans, the rear exhaust fan i connected to the case fan header on the motherboard and the front intake fan's cable was too short to reach the other fan header supplied on the board so I need to get an extender,or extend it myself.







I think I need to do some cable management...

No comments:

Post a Comment