header photo

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Computer Died

My first laptop, the poorly designed HP Pavilion zd8000, finally died after 5 years of abuse. Well, the computer still works its just that the darn power supply died for the 3rd time and it developed 3 pixel wide vertical lines on the screen. The one that came with the computer lasted for 3 years, then started smoking. The two replacement power supplies I acquired only lasted for one year each and subsequently overheated and started smoking. It was finally time to replace the aging single core Pentium 4 and severely outdated ATI GPU. So with the remaining battery life I dumped the contents of the hard drive onto an external one and parted ways.

One day I got bored and decided to dismantle the whole thing instead of selling it on Ebay. Hey I am an engineer what else would you expect? lol.













No comments:

Post a Comment